After a relaxing weekend of camping at the beach, I thought I would share my necessities with y’all. Although, some may not call staying beachside in a travel trailer, “camping”, anything outside of our norm can be difficult. I made an endless list to prepare for this trip and my hubs and I were so glad I did! Here are a few of the things I would recommend for those with a toddler or newborn:
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. My full disclosure can be found here.
- Pack ‘n Play : This fit perfectly in our trailer for our son to sleep in! Bringing a DockATot would’ve been nice as well. We also brought the Pack ‘n’ play to the beach for him to nap in. It got a little sandy, but now we have a souvenir.
- mamaRoo: This was great to sit him in while I got semi-ready for the day! Any chair, rocker or small swing would work!
- Sound Machine: He sleeps with this on at home, so I brought it along. I love this portable one. We also could have opened the window to hear the ocean, but it was a bit humid.
- Hand Sanitizer : If you want to conserve water this is great to have on hand in the trailer. We also keep some in our diaper bag.
- Sunscreen: I was so worried about this irritating his skin, but I had no problems with Babyganics. Baby skin is extremely fair, so reapplying is important as well.
- Beach Blanket or bedding sheet: Either is great for the whole family to lay in the sand together. It also can be used to put the diaper changing pad on, rather than directly in the sand.
- Baby Stroller: This is always a must for us. We load this thing up with all the essentials and it was perfect to go on walks throughout our campsite!
Those are just a few additional items to bring along. Make sure to also stock up on extra clothing, blankets, burp cloths, and diapers.