My husband’s brother gifted us with a pressure cooker for Christmas and we have tried so many great recipes! I wanted to share with y’all one of my favorites that we found on Pinterest and adjusted. If you know me, you know that I absolutely suck at cooking. This is a recipe that is super easy and has become one of my specialties!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
• 3 Large Chicken Breasts
• 12 oz your favorite salsa
• 6 Cups Chicken Broth
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, diced
• 4 ounces tomato sauce
• 1 can of black beans (15 oz), drained and rinsed
• 2 cups white corn
• 2 teaspoons cumin
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 2 teaspoons salt
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
Sour cream or greek yogurt
Tortilla chip strips
- In pressure cooker, add the following together and stir: chicken, salsa, chicken broth, onion, bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, salt, black pepper, and tomato sauce.
- Lock the lid and set to high pressure for 10 minutes. Our pressure cooker has a rice setting and this is what we use.
- When time is up, use a quick release to get all the pressure out.
- Once pressure valve is released, remove lid away from your face and then shred chicken using two forks. We place the chicken in a large bowl and separate it that way.
- Next, add black beans and corn. Stir until corn is heated through.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a squeeze of lime juice, a dollop of sour cream or greek yogurt, chopped avocado, and crushed tortilla chips. My favorite toppings are the sour cream and avocado.
This soup is great left over! Just put some in a tupperware and add the toppings when your ready to eat next.
Out of all the pressure cooker dinner recipes we have tried, this is by far our favorite! It’s almost like a chili and perfect to eat in cold weather. We just recently packed some for our camping trip. If you have any other pressure cooker recipes that you love, please send them our way. Feel free to share this recipe with a link to my site.